Organizing Tips to Remove Closet Clutter
Do you save everything? Are you sentimental about the ill-fitting sweater your aunt knitted five years ago, or your ragged alma mater sweatshirt? If so, your closets may be very full.
Fall is an ideal time to clean out your home. Cleaning out your closets regularly will save you time and energy and keep you from feeling overwhelmed by the task later on. Plus, if your closet is packed with old clothes that you don’t or can’t wear anymore, you may hesitate to update your wardrobe.
- Get rid of the clothes you haven’t worn in over a year.
- Store out-of-season clothes in a different location.
- Try on the clothes you can’t seem to get rid of—it will help you make a decision.
- Buy good hangers: wire hangers don’t give good support and leave marks on your clothes.
- Hang clothes according to style (i.e., shirts, suits, pants) or color.
- If space permits, add a bar for shirts and pants.
When you clean your closets on a regular basis, you may find you don’t need some of the clothing you thought you did. And you’ll actually wear and enjoy the clothes you do have.
What’s more, cleaning out your closets is a small but important step towards clearing the way to move into your next home. If you’d like more information on getting rid of clutter in your home, please don’t hesitate to email or call.
Find houses with walk in closets: Click Here
[ad code=1 align=center]