Spruce Up the Kitchen for the Holidays
Most of us spend a great deal of time in the kitchen—and not just while cooking. The kitchen is the traditional heart of the home. And with the holidays coming up, you may be looking for fast and easy ways to make your home more welcoming to guests.
Whether yours is a huge kitchen with a family room attached or a cozy convenience kitchen, several quick and inexpensive tricks let you spruce up your kitchen without undertaking a complete overhaul:
- Nothing changes a room faster than a fresh coat of paint. It immediately brightens the walls and ceilings.
- If your cabinets have seen better days, consider painting them—even if they are natural wood.
- Express your style and liven up your cabinets with unique knobs, handles and hinges. Kitchen cabinets are a popular do-it-yourself project and can enhance the beauty of your home.
- New linoleum is fairly inexpensive and provides a clean, fresh look.
- Get rid of the refrigerator magnets—unless of course, they hold your family’s art gallery.
- Select a brightly colored rug and dish towels to provide accent color.
- Hang a window valence to tie it all together.
- Line the windowsill with pots of herbs grown from seed.
Redecorating your kitchen is an easy way to change the whole look and feel of your home. And here’s something to remember when you decide to sell: the kitchen is considered by many to be the most important room in the house.
These tips can also be used to help stage your home to sell for the best possible price. If you’d like more ideas for getting your home ready to sell, feel free to email or call any time.